Senior Database Engineer
- Build systems to answer business questions in a timely fashion.
- Expand our business by providing strategic data to our game studios
- Evaluate new technologies and products.
- Design and implement a scalable data warehouse using ETL and/or MapReduce technologies
- Develop infrastructure to inform on key metrics, recommend changes, and predict future results
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of Vertica clusters
- Work closely with the game studios to gather new data and leverage existing data to improve our games
- 5+ years experience in business intelligence and database engineering
- Experience with big data, have strong database development skills including SQL.
- Have solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies. Experience with Vertica in particular is a plus
- Experience with various ETL technologies and familiar with ETL tools such as Pentaho is highly desirable
- Expertise with visualization, data mining, or statistical tools is desirable
- Programming experience in Java, PHP, Perl or other language is a plus
- Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish. Insatiable curiosity, high aptitude with a flair for business impact
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.jobie.com/s/Ny4-uAJem3 →