The next service pack of Vertica (7.1.1) was released yesterday. This applies to both Community and Enterprise Editions. The release provides updated Place and Pulse extensions, ODBC & JDBC drivers, Management Console, R Language Pack, and Hadoop Coonectors. New features include catalog client authentication, Spanish text support for Pulse, and more.
New features & changes:
- Client Authentication in Catalog
- Flex Tables Load and Query
- Secure Password File
- Rsync Service Account
- New System Table
- New Configuration Parameter Options for SET, CLEAR, and SHOW
- Command-line Distribution of Configuration Files
- New scrutinize Functionality
- Export of License Audit Results to CSV
- Projections Quick Stat for Management Console
- JDBC Routable Query (Key/Value) API Improvements
- Pulse Multilingual Support
Complete information on the new features and changes in this service pack are available in the New Features Guide.
Read more on the fixes in the release notes.
Download Vertica 7.1.1 at my.vertica.com.