Vertica will be offering the Vertica Accredited Solutions Expert (ASE) certification at the Big Data Conference to the first 30 conference attendees that sign up. It’s a two part process, with the lab portion (pre-requisite) being proctored Sunday, August 10th, and the online written exam made available through a voucher.
The recommended audience for the exam are professionals who have taken the Advanced Performance Tuning course, or have equivalent knowledge from hands-on experience. The exam guide for the HP Vertica Big Data Solutions v7.x Advanced
Administration Exam (HP2-N45) exam is available through certificationexplorer.com.
The objectives for the exam are:
· Follow standard procedures to resolve common issues.
· Locate key information to resolve common issues.
· Modify key settings to obtain optimal performance.
· Specify important elements of an optimized database.
· Create projections that are formatted for optimal performance.
· Implement a secure Vertica environment.
· Identify key factors to create a high availability environment.
|Database Setup And Automatic Design|
· Create objects in a Vertica database that provide for optimal querying of data.
· Use the Database Designer to optimize a Vertica database.
|Loading and Removing Data|
· Identify factors that play a role in optimizing for the addition and removal of data from Vertica.
· Identify factors that play a role in optimizing the usage of resources while running transactions in Vertica.
The typical certification path is HP2-N36 (Vertica Big Data Solutions V1) then HP2-N45 (Vertica Big Data Solutions Administrator V1).
You can find out more information about the certification at hpverticacertification.com.